Welcome to Frog’s Leap Public House in historic Waynesville, NC.
Those of you who follow my Twitter or Instagram may have seen a pair of photos from my lunch earlier today: caprese salad and a hummus veggie plate.
There are several notable things about this pub:
1) It calls itself a public house. This is a gathering place for families and friends to feast and celebrate within rustic, comforting walls.
2) They work and partner with several local, even family owned, gardens and farms to provide a natural ever-changing menu.
3) That ever-changing menu? It’s dated. Today’s menu was created on 7/31/15. They can only prepare what nature, and these local organizations, provide.
4) The entire staff, from my waitress Anna to the head kitchen chef, is understanding, educated, and helpful with dietary needs. Whatever your restrictions or requirements are, they will take care of you with kindness.
5) The food is good. I can’t believe how fresh everything was. And delicious, healthy, and satisfying to boot.
I, for one, will definitely be frequenting this gem much more often. After all, on the same block is The Classic Wine Seller, and around the corner are many of my long-time favorite shops, including Fifi’s, The Jeweler’s Workbench, and Twigs & Leaves.